Monday, September 17, 2007

Brutal to Jess-rat

The summer heat in the South East neck-O-da-woods has at last turned from brutal to jess rat a.k.a. just right. The August church campout I attended called for daytime attention to anti-heat stroke measures down by the river side having my shirt dipped in the chilly waters of the Obey where the temperatures are influenced from the bottom depths of Dale Hollow Lake. 103 degree daytime highs are not good for spinal cord injuries seeking activity in the outdoors. Towels dipped in ice water from the ice chests and then wrapped around my neck was my salvation during the day.

Night time lows are now entering the upper 40's to mid 50's and daytime highs in the mid to upper 70's or mid 80's. That's what I term jess rat for camping. I have got to pull plans together for the next campout... SOON!

No comments: